Design your moment of peace and pampering!
In the midst of this beautiful summer, we all find ourselves enjoying the rays of sunshine outside and the refreshing breeze. Warm weather is always a joy for the senses but can also leave our skin and hair dried out and damaged. Whether in the city, out in a park, café or at the beach, in summer the sun is rough on the skin and hair. Protecting our skin with sunscreen is key and wearing a hat can protect our hair from the UV rays but there are more things we can do to keep our hair and skin healthy! Especially if you swim in swimming pools the chlorine has a drying effect on the hair and strips it from its natural protective oils. Let’s dive together into a tailor-made self-care moment you can create for yourself this weekend!
In summer, washing your hair and using conditioner is very important. Our shampoos and conditioner are perfect to clean and rehydrate your hair with rich natural ingredients such as cocoa butter, shea butter, hemp oil, broccoli seed oil (which acts as natural keratin). The hydrolyzed wheat protein (high in amino acids) and provitamin B-5 Marisa adds in them help revitalise the hair after a day in the sunlight and the warm air! Do not underestimate the hidden powers of conditioning! This weekend don’t skip the conditioner when you are rushing to go out as I do sometimes ;) Take the time to pamper your hair and generously apply our lovely conditioner which brings the light and fresh scents of Bergamot, Lemongrass and Lavender. Enjoy the powers of a mindful shower, focusing on this moment and the sensations, smells, and colours… Enjoy and celebrate this moment!
Did you know that you can leave our conditioner in your hair like a hair mask/treatment which will nourish your hair with its rich revitalising ingredients? Try it and tell us what you thought or mention us on Insta! (@primal_essence_nl).
Another special treatment you can plan for this weekend is making yourself a DIY face mask (recipe below). Also, why not take this moment to set up the perfect relaxing moment?
Self-care moment prep
Think of your favourite summer things to do to unwind during this moment you have gifted yourself. Perhaps your favourite book and a carefully prepared special beverage?
Here are our suggestions:
- Plan for a time you won’t be interrupted or organise a digital detox for yourself
- Preparing cold, fresh water infused with fresh mint leaves, a few cucumber slices, and fresh basil
- Or why not a turmeric and ginger cold elixir with ice cubes?
- Light a candle or incense
- Prepare a playlist with your favourite unwinding music
- Think of tuning into a self-loving, safe, relaxed state with all your senses
- Prepare the space around you: maybe you already have a nice nook in your home where you feel especially relaxed or cosy.
- While letting the mask soak in and nourish your skin you could also choose to meditate and focus on your breathing or on an object or read a nice book!
DIY Face Mask Recipe:
- 1 small ripe avocado
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- crush the avocado and mix together with the olive oil
- apply to your face and leave for 10 minutes
- Rinse off and see how lovely and hydrated your skin is!
- Enjoy your well-deserved self-care moment this weekend!
If you have any questions about our products and their usage/properties please do reach out.