Make sure to mark your calendar for April 22nd, 2023, because it's Earth Day! The big shot behind this global celebration is EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO), and they recently announced that this year's theme is "Invest in Our Planet."
Earth Day is a significant event worldwide, with individuals, groups, and even governments participating in various events and activities to demonstrate their appreciation for our planet. It began in 1970 as a way to raise awareness about environmental issues and inspire action to protect our planet. Nowadays, it's celebrated in over 190 countries and is the most extensive secular observance worldwide.
Earth Day is an opportunity for everyone to participate and make a difference. It's a chance to raise awareness about environmental issues, promote sustainability, and motivate people to take action at the individual, community, and national levels. Get excited because Earth Day 2023 is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your love for our beautiful planet!
Not sure how to get involved? No worries! EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO) has got you covered with a whopping 52 tips and suggestions.
52 ways to Invest in our Planet
How to get involved:
- Tune into earth Day Live
- Use internet not the trees
- Join the Great Global Cleanup
- Fight climate change with diet change
- Calculate your food print
- Advocate for climate education
- Encourage your university to take climate action
- Share your story
- Stand against deforestation
- Pick up trash while you run
- Join the Global Earth Challenge
- Calculate your carbon footprint
- Calculate your plastic consumption
- Take Earthday’s regenerative agriculture quiz
- Organize a community clean up
- Contact your representatives
- Ask for green power
- Switch to reuseable bags
- Learn how to combat plastic pollution
- Plan a teach-in
- Explore the earthday 2022 action tool kit
- Add to the billion acts of green
- Switch to online billing
- Meal prep
- Push for plant-based options
- Encourage the use of reusable utensils, dishes, and trays
- Tell your elected leaders to ban single use plastic.
- Take the climate and environmental literacy quiz
- Go pesticide free
- Take pictures of pollinators
- Use Earthday.org’s educational resources in the classroom
- Introduce the Global Earth Challenge app to your community
- Take the first step towards ending plastic pollution
- Support organic ingredients
- Sign the petition pushing for climate and environmental literacy education
- Take the clean energy quiz
- Take photos of the horizon
- Take photos of plastic waste
- Buy local food
- Eat less meat
- Grow an organic garden
- Take the ocean plastic pollution quiz
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Skip plastic, buy glass or paper products
- Practice sustainable fashion
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Practice a simple act of green every day
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Take the sustainable fashion quiz
- Volunteer with them
- Join Earthday’s social squad
Every day is Earth Day!
As a sustainable company, we are committed to integrating eco-friendly practices into our daily routines and decision-making processes. Our efforts include reducing waste, using sustainable production methods, no plastic packaging and no palm oil, and using cruelty-free and plant-based ingredients. We even make an effort to ship in environmentally friendly ways.
These practices are a top priority for us as we strive to make a positive impact on the planet every day. Although it may seem like a small contribution, we believe that every effort counts when it comes to protecting our environment.
How will you celebrate? Do you have any tips for us? Let us know here!